What is the TSWGA?
What is the TSWGA? Texas Senior Women’s Golf Association
An organization made up of women's golf organizations in Texas. The member women’s organizations must be associated with a country club or golf facility that has a Board of Directors, Initiation fee, clubhouse, dining room, and locker room facilities.
Purpose: To promote friendship and maintain the best interest of golf among the senior women of Texas.
Venue: An annual Match Play Tournament for 144 players.
Member organization dues: $50 per year. Due by October 31
Individual Tournament eligibility:
· Organization must be a member of TSWGA in good standing.
·Individual’s Minimum Age -- 50 by tournament date
·Individual’s Maximum Index -- 30.4
· Official handicap index
· Resident of Texas for at least 6 months
· Match Play
· Late April or Early May – Sunday through Friday
· Entry Fee varies per year and includes:
o Practice Round, Green Fee, Cart Fee
o Welcome Party, Banquet, Awards lunch
o Snacks, Tee Gift
o Club Storage
· Qualifying round for 32 people with lowest handicap indexes. In 2021 qualifiers had an index of 12.0 or lower.